Subject: bug#12691: closed (Re: bug#12691: 24.1; thing-at-point list of possible symbols)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:07:01 +0000

Your bug report

#12691: 24.1; thing-at-point list of possible symbols

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12691: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12691
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12691: 24.1; thing-at-point list of possible symbols
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Jerome Truong <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:03:58 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Jerome Truong <[email-masked]> writes:

> Not a bug, just a suggestion to add `number' to the list of symbols so
> it's readily know to coders that number-at-point is available.

OK, done.  Thanks.

Subject: 24.1; thing-at-point list of possible symbols
From: Jerome Truong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 09:40:05 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Not a bug, just a suggestion to add `number' to the list of symbols so
it's readily know to coders that number-at-point is available.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin11.3.0, NS apple-appkit-1138.32)
 of 2012-07-15 on Jeromes-MacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.1' '--without-dbus'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.1/share/info/emacs' '--with-ns'
 '--disable-ns-self-contained' 'CC=/usr/bin/clang' 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -march=native -Qunused-arguments -mmacosx-version-min=10.7'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib' 'CPPFLAGS=-isystem /usr/local/include''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
f t h i n g <tab> <return> C-s n u m b e r C-g C-g 
q C-, p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-h C-h f n u m b e r - a t <tab> <return> 
q C-f M-d n u m b e r M-f M-f C-{ C-_ C-} C-f C-d C-x 
C-e C-a C-, b C-r w o r d - M-b M-b M-b C-b ; ; SPC 
C-e C-j ( n u m b e r - a t - p o i n t C-e C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-e C-x C-e C-x C-s C-x o C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-f C-f C-f C-f C-> t M-f C-> t C-a 
C-n C-n C-n C-, n C-l C-x ] , d f SPC t h i n g - a 
t - p o i n t <return> , m o r e <return> s j <backspace> 
<backspace> j l f : SPC i t ' <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> s h o u l d SPC i t SPC M-b M-b M-f M-b 
C-k i SPC w a s SPC l o o k i n g SPC f o r SPC n u 
m b e r SPC i n SPC t h a t SPC l i s t SPC a t SPC 
f i r s t . . . SPC s i <backspace> <backspace> i t 
SPC s h o u l d SPC p r o b a b l y SPC b e SPC a d 
d e d SPC t h a t SPC l i s t <return> C-, b M-x r 
e p <backspace> o <backspace> p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Quit
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.
Undo!
12341234
Mark saved where search started
forward-sexp: Scan error: "Containing expression ends prematurely", 10239, 10240
jqt/convert-from-unix-timestamp
Saving file /Users/jerometruong/.emacs...
Wrote /Users/jerometruong/.emacs
2012-10-20 08:38:30 [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/Users/jerometruong/.emacs.d/elpa/json-1.2/json hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.1/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/json
/Users/jerometruong/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20120805/.dir-locals hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.1/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils vc-git jka-compr debug
apropos network-stream starttls tls erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
mule-util rect ind-util php-mode etags cc-langs speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe help-mode view sgml-mode dired-aux windmove vc-dispatcher
vc-svn js json imenu newcomment cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs tramp-sh pcmpl-unix
sql ibuf-ext ibuffer dired multi-isearch tramp-cache tramp tramp-compat
auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache shell
tramp-loaddefs org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc
org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func
org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline format-spec cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs paredit ido warnings slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime
derived easy-mmode pp comint regexp-opt ansi-color ring hyperspec
thingatpt browse-url org-install bbdb-loaddefs sms
ack-and-a-half-autoloads apache-mode-autoloads bbdb2erc-autoloads
dsvn-autoloads full-ack-autoloads ghc-autoloads
ghci-completion-autoloads github-theme-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
jabber-autoloads magit-gh-pulls-autoloads gh-autoloads eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp logito-autoloads magithub-autoloads
json-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads org-magit-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcache-autoloads finder-inf php+-mode-autoloads
php-extras-autoloads info php-mode-autoloads python-mode-autoloads
ruby-tools-autoloads rvm-autoloads yasnippet-bundle-autoloads
yasnippet-bundle dropdown-list advice help-fns advice-preload yasnippet
edmacro kmacro easymenu assoc cl package tabulated-list time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns
multi-tty emacs)