Subject: 24.2.50; (emacs) `Tags' sends you to `Semantic', but nothing there about tags

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:10:38 -0700

(emacs) Tags has this:
 
 The Semantic package provides another way to generate and use tags,
 separate from the `etags' facility.  *Note Semantic::.
 
I don't see how this is helpful, and seems quite misleading.
 
Following that link you get to an overview of Semantic (with nothing
about tags), with a link to the Semantic manual.  In the Semantic
manual, `i' finds nothing appropriate having to do with tags.
 
Just where is the info in the Semantic manual about "another way to
generate and use tags, separate from the `etags' facility"?
 
Please remove or rephrase this reference, or point directly to the
pertinent doc if such exists.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-10-15 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 110553 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'