Subject: 24.2.50; doc of `locate-file'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 09:28:15 -0700

The description in the Elisp manual is fine.  The doc string is
generally OK, except for its second sentence.  This part of the second
sentence is not clear (meaningless, misleading): ", with its suffixes".
 
It's unclear what that might mean (return the absolute file name, plus a
list of its suffixes?).  But it certainly cannot mean what really
happens: the absolute file name is returned, including ONE of the
suffixes if appropriate.
 
Just say what the manual says: the absolute file name is returned:
 
 If it finds such a file, it returns the file's absolute file name;
 otherwise it returns `nil'.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-10-15 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 110553 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'