Subject: 24.2.50; RMAIL Summary has additional newlines

From: john ffitch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 18:19:58 +0100

This has been the case for some time but only just got time to hunt it
down. This is a section of my RMAIL header

   12  16-Jun  to: [email-masked] [310] Compiler course
   13  22-Dec  to: [email-masked]  [27] { rae } Research Selectivity Exercise
   14  14-Jul  [email-masked] [148] Cambridge_Lisp 

   15  18-Aug  to: [email-masked]  [81] Re: Cambridge_Lisp
   16  24-Aug  [email-masked] [124] cambridge_lisp 

   17  16-Nov  to: [email-masked]  [66] { music } Introductions
   18   4-Dec  [email-masked]  [40] Cambridge_Lisp 

   19   8-Dec  to: [email-masked]  [54] Commentary 

   20  10-Dec  to: [email-masked]  [86] { music } Scratch Ochestra
   21  13-Dec  [email-masked]  [54] { music } Re: The Scratch Orchestra

The "feature" of the messages 14, 16, 18, and 19 is that the subject
headert is the last header.  For example #14 says

>From [email-masked] Mon Feb  2 15:07:41 2009
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 13:50:44 +0200
From: Detlef Peter Zaun <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Cambridge_Lisp

Detlef P. Zaun M.A.                         Tel.  : 49-2133-49805
Stuerzelbergerstr. 44                       Fax   : dito after arragement
41541 Dormagen-Zons                         e-mail: [email-masked]
Germany                                   
                                            14.07.1993

subject: Cambridge Lisp for the Atari ST
.....etc etc etc....

as far as I can tell this is always the case in the errant versions

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.2 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
 of 2012-09-13 on harvey
Bzr revision: 110017 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10903000
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: RMAIL Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> s C-x o C-x k <return> C-x 
C-g M-x l <backspace> v i s <tab> i <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> f i n d - f <tab> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> C-x C-f C-g C-x k <return> 
M-x r e a d <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> f i n d - f <tab> i l <tab> 
- l i <tab> <return> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> R M A I L <return> 
y C-s v <backspace> c a m b r i u d g e SPC <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> d g 
e SPC l <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<down> C-d C-x C-s <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> M-x r m a i l - 
m o d e <return> < n n n n h n n n n n n n n n n n 
n n n n n n n p , m C-x k <return> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <menu-bar> <summary> <senders> 
e d n e r a l <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <down> d <up> <up> 
<up> d <up> <up> h C-x 1 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <return> 
s y <next> <next> RET <help-echo> M-x e m a <tab> b 
<tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> b u 
g <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r e p o <tab> w <tab> <backspace> r t <tab> <retur
n>

Recent messages:
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [3 times]
Making completion list...
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [6 times]
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug misearch multi-isearch kmacro edebug vc-bzr find-func
timezone rmailsort ispell feedmail mailalias help-mode debug rmailkwd
rmailsum qp sendmail mime-compose mail-alias-menu mailcrypt mail-extr
comint ansi-color ring rmailmm message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils eldoc cal-julian image-file crypt crypt++ crypt+pgp-pub
paren uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload view mule-util cal-china
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs time time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

==John ffitch