Subject: bug#12625: closed (Re: bug#12625: 24.2.50; RMAIL Summary has additional newlines)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 01:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12625: 24.2.50; RMAIL Summary has additional newlines

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12625: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12625
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12625: 24.2.50; RMAIL Summary has additional newlines
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 21:03:06 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.3

Thanks; fixed.

Subject: 24.2.50; RMAIL Summary has additional newlines
From: john ffitch <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 18:19:58 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This has been the case for some time but only just got time to hunt it
down. This is a section of my RMAIL header

   12  16-Jun  to: [email-masked] [310] Compiler course
   13  22-Dec  to: [email-masked]  [27] { rae } Research Selectivity Exercise
   14  14-Jul  [email-masked] [148] Cambridge_Lisp 

   15  18-Aug  to: [email-masked]  [81] Re: Cambridge_Lisp
   16  24-Aug  [email-masked] [124] cambridge_lisp 

   17  16-Nov  to: [email-masked]  [66] { music } Introductions
   18   4-Dec  [email-masked]  [40] Cambridge_Lisp 

   19   8-Dec  to: [email-masked]  [54] Commentary 

   20  10-Dec  to: [email-masked]  [86] { music } Scratch Ochestra
   21  13-Dec  [email-masked]  [54] { music } Re: The Scratch Orchestra

The "feature" of the messages 14, 16, 18, and 19 is that the subject
headert is the last header.  For example #14 says

>From [email-masked] Mon Feb  2 15:07:41 2009
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1993 13:50:44 +0200
From: Detlef Peter Zaun <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Cambridge_Lisp

Detlef P. Zaun M.A.                         Tel.  : 49-2133-49805
Stuerzelbergerstr. 44                       Fax   : dito after arragement
41541 Dormagen-Zons                         e-mail: [email-masked]
Germany                                   
                                            14.07.1993

subject: Cambridge Lisp for the Atari ST
.....etc etc etc....

as far as I can tell this is always the case in the errant versions

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.2 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
 of 2012-09-13 on harvey
Bzr revision: 110017 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10903000
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: RMAIL Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> s C-x o C-x k <return> C-x 
C-g M-x l <backspace> v i s <tab> i <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> f i n d - f <tab> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-2> <mouse-2> C-x C-f C-g C-x k <return> 
M-x r e a d <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> f i n d - f <tab> i l <tab> 
- l i <tab> <return> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> R M A I L <return> 
y C-s v <backspace> c a m b r i u d g e SPC <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> d g 
e SPC l <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<down> C-d C-x C-s <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> M-x r m a i l - 
m o d e <return> < n n n n h n n n n n n n n n n n 
n n n n n n n p , m C-x k <return> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <menu-bar> <summary> <senders> 
e d n e r a l <return> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <down> d <up> <up> 
<up> d <up> <up> h C-x 1 <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <return> 
s y <next> <next> RET <help-echo> M-x e m a <tab> b 
<tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> b u 
g <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r e p o <tab> w <tab> <backspace> r t <tab> <retur
n>

Recent messages:
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [3 times]
Making completion list...
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [6 times]
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face [3 times]
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug misearch multi-isearch kmacro edebug vc-bzr find-func
timezone rmailsort ispell feedmail mailalias help-mode debug rmailkwd
rmailsum qp sendmail mime-compose mail-alias-menu mailcrypt mail-extr
comint ansi-color ring rmailmm message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils eldoc cal-julian image-file crypt crypt++ crypt+pgp-pub
paren uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload view mule-util cal-china
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs time time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

==John ffitch