Subject: Re: bug#12621: Emacs 24.1 crashing on Windows 7

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 16:23:20 -0500

> I don't think a piece of proprietary software, with known spyware, DRM
    > and back doors, deserves respect.

    Well, actually, it does, for several technical achievements that I can
    only dream of when I work on modern GNU/Linux systems.

I think the ethical nature of a program is more important than its
technical advances; thus, while I might agree with your opinion of
those technical achievements (and I'd be interested if you told me
about them, off the list), I wouldn't grant respect to Windows or
Microsoft on account of them.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call