Subject: Re: bug#12621: Emacs 24.1 crashing on Win7

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 11:16:09 +0200

> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:09:09 +0000
> From: Arūnas Rukšnaitis <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
> Yes, I agree,  lpSystemName should be always NULL.

OK, I made that change on the emacs-24 branch (revision 111035).
There should be a new pretest of Emacs 24.3 out of that branch soon,
and a precompiled Windows binary will follow.  Watch the announcements
on emacs-devel.

This change will be merged to the trunk soon, so the few people who
provide snapshots of the trunk will probably soon upload a binary with
this change.

When you do get hold of a new binary with the change, please run some
tests with files on the DFS, and please report any findings.

> The w32-get-true-file-attributes variable should be taken into account.

I will try to improve things in this respect (on the trunk).

> I would be interested in compiling x64 version, but I hear it is not
> trivial.

The x64 version can for now be built only with MSVC.  MinGW64 is not
yet supported.  Volunteers are welcome.

Thanks.