Subject: Re: bug#12621: Emacs 24.1 crashing on Win7

From: Arūnas Rukšnaitis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:09:09 +0000

Yes, I agree,  lpSystemName should be always NULL.
The w32-get-true-file-attributes variable should be taken into account.
DFS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_File_System_(Microsoft) 
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_File_System_%28Microsoft%29>
No, I did not compile eMacs myself. I would be interested in compiling 
x64 version, but I hear it is not trivial. Can you dropbox me your version?
Thanks for your help!
On 13/12/12 19:13, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:05:37 +0200
>> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> Sorry, I lost you.  What is a "DFS server", and how does it modify the
>> meaning of a UNC?  Can you show the full file name being referenced
>> here?
>> [...]
>> Can you show a command that crashes and an equivalent command that
>> doesn't?
> Actually, scratch all that.  I think we should simply always pass NULL
> as the first argument of LookupAccountSid.  If you compiled Emacs by
> yourself, can you try such a modification there, and see if that
> helps?  I'm interested to know not only whether the crashes go away
> when you use NULL, but also whether the file owner and group
> information is reported correctly.
>
> Thanks.