Subject: Re: bug#12621: Emacs 24.1 crashing on Win7

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:13:59 +0200

> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:05:37 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Sorry, I lost you.  What is a "DFS server", and how does it modify the
> meaning of a UNC?  Can you show the full file name being referenced
> here?
> [...]
> Can you show a command that crashes and an equivalent command that
> doesn't?

Actually, scratch all that.  I think we should simply always pass NULL
as the first argument of LookupAccountSid.  If you compiled Emacs by
yourself, can you try such a modification there, and see if that
helps?  I'm interested to know not only whether the crashes go away
when you use NULL, but also whether the file owner and group
information is reported correctly.

Thanks.