Subject: Re: bug#12621: Emacs 24.1 crashing on Windows 7

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 01:03:56 -0100

Hello Mr. Stallman,

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:
> You've made a false accusation when you call my criticisms of Windows
> "FUD".  The references for these criticisms are in
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/digital-inclusion-in-freedom.html.
>
> You can't have had any evidence for your false accusation.  You must
> have leaped to the conclusion.  This bespeaks hostility towards me.

I think the burden of proof is on you here. You said that Windows
contains spyware, DRM and backdoors, and only presented an article that
discusses the DRM.

Even if you consider DRM a form of spyware (which is debatable), you
original phrasing implies that Windows contains some other kinds of
spyware and backdoors, too.

> You also try to excuse the DRM in Windows on the grounds that DRM is
> so common.  That is bogus -- DRM is never excusable.  DRM is an
> injustice to the user as well as an attack on free software.
> This bespeaks opposition to our goals.
>
> This is the second time you have attacked me on this list.  Your
> technical contributions are useful, but they don't excuse your
> hostility.  If you want to attack me, do it on gnu-misc-discuss or
> some non-GNU forum -- not here, on a GNU Project working list.

--Dmitry