Subject: Re: Parallel tests vs fast tests (and beyond)

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 17:46:48 +0100

severity 12620 wishlist
stop

Reference:
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12620>

Marking this as a "wishlist" rather than a bug, since the current
implementation of parallel tests is working correctly and is mostly
"good enough", and your proposal is thus geared towards improving an
already decent situation rather than fixing errors or misbehaviors
(this doesn't mean I'm denying or belittling the merits of your
proposal, of course).

Just one nit:

Reuben Thomas wrote:
>
> The implication of the 1.12 release notes is that serial-tests
> will be dropped at some point post-1.13.
>
I've been convinced that any idea I had in such a direction was
misguided; the old serial harness is now marked merely as
"discouraged", but there no plans to deprecate pr remove it in
the foreseeable future.

Thanks,
  Stefano