Subject: bug#12618: 24.2.50; Formating of completion candidates in the *Completions* buffer

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:45:09 +0200

severity: minor

Recipe from emacs -Q:
1. Maximize the Emacs (graphical) frame.
2. Type: M-x a u t o - <SPC> <SPC>

I observe that the first <SPC> creates a *Completions* buffer with the
completion candidates formatted in 3 columns, whereas the second <SPC>
reformat those candidates so that the full with of the window is used
(6 columns in my case).

Why the first <SPC> didn't use the full width of the window?  I think it should.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-10-10 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 110500 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo