Subject: bug#12600: 24.2.50; linum-mode: line numbers in fringe do not refresh when resizing frame

From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:03:43 -0600

emacs -Q

Load large file, e.g. emacs.c. Buffer content must exceed one
screen.

Enable linum mode with `M-x linum-mode'.

Shrink frame. Maximize frame. Fringe on the left side is missing line 
numbers.

Move cursor down with `C-n' and the fringe refreshes and displays all 
line numbers.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
of 2012-10-07 on marvin
Bzr revision: 110431 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
`configure 'CC=clang''

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
linum-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x C-g C-x C-f e m c a s . <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> a c s . c <return> M-x l i
n u m <tab> <return> C-n C-p M-x r e p o r t <tab>
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
emacs.c has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Loading cc-langs...done
Loading vc-bzr...done
Linum mode enabled

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message cl-macs gv format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils linum vc-bzr cc-langs cl cl-lib cc-mode
cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)