Subject: bug#11496: closed (Re: bug#12600: 24.2.50; linum-mode: line numbers in fringe do not refresh when resizing frame)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 09:51:04 +0000

Your bug report

#12600: 24.1.50; Line numbers are not redrawn correctly in linum-mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12600: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12600
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12600: 24.2.50; linum-mode: line numbers in fringe do not refresh when resizing frame
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 10:49:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> I checked in a fix for this in revision 110551.  Please try again.

Bug closed.

martin

Subject: 24.1.50; Line numbers are not redrawn correctly in linum-mode
From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:45:30 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Start with emacs -Q.
Don't maximize frame.
Open a file that has more lines than the current frame.
M-x linum-mode
Maximize frame.
Line numbers are only drawn where the original, visible frame boundary
was.
Press down arrow key.
Line numbers are redrawn for the entire frame.

The same thing happens when narrowing on a function and then widen
again.  Only the narrowed piece has the new line numbers until the next
explicit redraw.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-05-16 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108249 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'