Subject: Re: bug#12598: 24.2; utf-8 codepoints in doc-strings and compression of .el and .elc files

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 11:19:45 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Lars,

> I've added a failing test case to Emacs 29.  If we re-enable that bit in
> Fload, the test no longer fails (but there may be other test cases; feel
> free to amend).
>
> However, this makes files-tests-file-name-non-special-load fail --
> perhaps Michael has some insights here; added to the CCs.

When you enable the file name handler in Fload, you must adapt the
respective test like all other files-tests-file-name-non-special-* tests
(currently, is is expecting that the file name handler is not called in Fload).

diff --git a/test/lisp/files-tests.el b/test/lisp/files-tests.el
index 7d17fbde67..ff717d6234 100644
--- a/test/lisp/files-tests.el
+++ b/test/lisp/files-tests.el
@@ -931,7 +931,7 @@ files-tests-file-name-non-special-load
   (files-tests--with-temp-non-special (tmpfile nospecial)
     (should (load nospecial nil t)))
   (files-tests--with-temp-non-special-and-file-name-handler (tmpfile nospecial)
-    (should (load nospecial nil t))))
+    (should-error (load nospecial nil t))))

 (ert-deftest files-tests-file-name-non-special-make-auto-save-file-name ()
   (files-tests--with-temp-non-special (tmpfile nospecial)

Best regards, Michael.