Subject: Re: bug#12598: 24.2; utf-8 codepoints in doc-strings and compression of .el and .elc files

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:37:41 +0100

Stefan Monnier writes:
> I can't reproduce this problem for the .el.gz case (indeed, I think
> it's specific to byte-compiled files).

I would have to try and re-create the problem, but it may be the case
that the problem only affects the byte-compiled files.

[…]
> Fixing `eval-buffer' so that it skips bytes when it sees #@NN is tricky,
> so the best fix is probably to change load-with-code-conversion so that
> (if the file is byte-compiled) it saves the buffer to a temp file and
> passes that to `load'.

I'm not sure I can follow you, especially what the purpose of saving to
a temporary file is.  As I said, I haven't looked at this for quite some
time.  If you think it helps, I'll try to set up for reproducing this
again.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#KorgSDada