Subject: bug#12596: 24.2.50; when draging on the frame's edge to change its height the frame moves

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 17:49:32 +0200

Hello!

When I drag at the marked edge of the frame to make it larger or shorter in height, the whole frame is dragged over the screen when it refreshes. This effect does not happen when I change the frame's width. It happens with and without customisation (-Q).

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2012-10-07 on Sumac.local
Bzr revision: 110380 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-wide-int' '--without-pop' '--without-sound'
 '--without-gpm' '--without-dbus' '--without-selinux' '--with-ns'
 '--disable-ns-self-contained' '--without-xpm' '--without-jpeg'
 '--without-tiff' '--without-gif' '--without-png' '--without-rsvg'
 '--x-libraries=/opt/local/lib' '--x-includes=/opt/local/include'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs' 'CFLAGS=-g
 -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -Os -march=core2 -mtune=core2
 -fomit-frame-pointer -msse4.2' 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib
 -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs -Wl,-bind_at_load -Wl,-t'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include' 'CC=clang' 'CXX=clang++'
 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/share/pkgconfig''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-h i m e m a c s <return> 
C-s e n u <help-echo> <return> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Composing main Info directory...done
Mark saved where search started

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils misearch multi-isearch info easymenu time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty
emacs)

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one that corrupts your file?
				– Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy