Subject: Re: bug#1259: quit-window does not kill the window

From: "Juanma Barranquero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 16:10:26 +0100

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 14:41, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Deleting the window iff it's explicitly specified strikes me as
> non-intuitive.

I think quit-window conflates two interfaces, one for humans that does
not kill the window, and another for elisp that allows killing it;
that second interface does not need to be "interactively intuitive",
but certainly is not illogical (the programmer is taking the pain to
explicitly pass a window instead of using the default, after all). I
just happened to be using interactively the second interface.

> Anyway, the version below should do that.
>
> Please give it another try.

It works as expected now for quit-window and my-quit-window.

I've only tested my common use of the function, though: single frame,
one window (plus the one killed by quit-window).

Thanks for fixing this,

  Juanma