Subject: bug#1259: quit-window: does it quit the wrong buffer?

From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 21:19:48 -0400

I'm wondering if there is a discrepancy between the doc string of quit- 
window and its implementation:  The function is supposed to quit the  
current buffer, but what it seems to do is to quit the buffer in the  
selected window.

(defun quit-window (&optional kill window)
   "Quit the current buffer.  Bury it, and maybe delete the selected  
frame.
\(The frame is deleted if it contains a dedicated window for the  
buffer.)
With a prefix argument, kill the buffer instead.

Noninteractively, if KILL is non-nil, then kill the current buffer,
otherwise bury it.

If WINDOW is non-nil, it specifies a window; we delete that window,
and the buffer that is killed or buried is the one in that window."
   (interactive "P")
   (let ((buffer (window-buffer window))
	(frame (window-frame (or window (selected-window))))