Subject: RE: bug#12583: latest org-mode changes exposes bug in `comment-forward'in newcomment.el

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 09:37:48 -0700

> > For my own use, I wonder whether I should be calling `c-n-v' before
> > I make use of `comment-search-forward'.
> 
> Yes, you should.

OK, thanks.  Please consider providing specific guidelines about this,
somewhere.

> > BTW, why are there so many things besided commands that 
> > have autoload cookies in newcomment.el?  I know that you
> > are not particularly in favor of unnecessarily autoloading
> > variables, so I wonder what the story is here.  Thx.
> 
> The functionality of newcomment.el used to be in simple.el and hence
> preloaded.  To make the transition as smooth as possible (there were
> already plenty of changes) I autoloaded all the things which used to
> be preloaded.

OK, so it was only for a transition.  Presumably that means that some of those
autoloads will be removed at some point.