Subject: bug#12579: 24.1; Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 (daily) crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 05:49:26 +0200

> From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 23:43:42 +0200
> 
> My turn to give you something more. Just had 2 new crashes within Emacs 24.2
> in just 5 minutes.
> 
> Here the backtraces:

They are all of the same kind we saw before:

  #4  0x010431b7 in die (msg=0x1537030 "assertion failed: buffer->base_buffer->indirections > 0", file=0x1535810 "buffer.c",
      line=1664) at alloc.c:6398
  #5  0x010ac068 in compact_buffer (buffer=0x5868c00) at buffer.c:1664
  #6  0x0103fde2 in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:5085

I think we have enough of this evidence.  When the next snapshot or
pretest comes out, please try that, I think this problem is already
fixed.

I think the only other interesting case is the hangs you experience,
so let's concentrate on that.

Thanks.