Subject: bug#12579: 24.1; Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 (daily) crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 20:01:19 +0200

> From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 17:37:04 +0100
> 
> Got it! Same Emacs version, same shell config (bash), using only helm-locate.
> 
> http://screencast.com/t/D4zwLcdSCUzw
> 
> There is an es.exe process which is "suspended", whatever it means. Not shown
> under Emacs, but maybe because it's suspended?

Its parent process, Bash, is not shown, so this process is an orphan.
Can you kill it from Process Explorer (by pressing Del)?  If you can,
does Emacs get out of the lockup?

Next thing to try is to run es.exe from cmdproxy, not from the Cygwin
Bash.

> Though, I've no process with PID 7108, as you can see on
> http://screencast.com/t/q6AU8OZ2tk.

I think this is the PID of Bash that already exited.

> Does all of this help?

It does.  We now know that Bash exits (or crashes?) and es.exe is left
behind.

> And what do you want me to do next?

Try without Bash.