Subject: bug#12579: 24.1; Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 (daily) crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:58:21 +0200

> From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Fabrice Niessen <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 13:17:24 +0100
> 
> > If you install Process Explorer from here:
> >
> >   http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
> >
> > you will be able to display the processes in a tree-like display, so
> > you will see whether es.exe is a child process of Emacs.  And in frame
> > 14, you can see the PID of the process Emacs is waiting for:
> When running helm-for-files in WindowsXP in VirtualBox, I don't see the
> "es.exe" running, only "cmdproxy.exe" which exit quickly as soon as
> candidates are found.

Maybe es.exe exits too quickly for Process Explorer to be able to
catch that.  But this case, where no hangs happen, is not the one we
want to investigate.  We want to see what processes are still running
when Emacs does hang.