Subject: Re: bug#12579: 24.1; Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 (daily) crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 19:10:24 +0200

> From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:52:18 +0100
> 
> New infloop. Same context (completing pattern for Helm-for-files). This time,
> with a correct .gdbinit file.

OK, thanks.

I think you can stop posting the backtraces, they all look the same.

Next, I'd like to see which process is being waited for.  To this end,
next time you have an infloop, go to this stack frame:

 #14 0x0102ffff in status_notify (deleting_process=0x3e25e70) at process.c:6606

and display the details of the process being deleted.  Like this:

  (gdb) frame 14

(The number 14 comes from #14 on the above line from backtrace.  It
could be a different number, so please look up the frame which is
inside status_notify function at line 6606 of process.c.)

  (gdb) print *p
  (gdb) print p->name
  (gdb) xstring
  (gdb) print p->command
  (gdb) xtype

If the last command says p->command is a symbol, type "xsymbol" to
show it; otherwise it will probably say it's a string, and then
"xstring" will display it.

Thanks.