Subject: Re: bug#12579: 24.1; Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 (daily) crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 20:10:57 +0200

> From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 16:48:04 +0100
> 
> (gdb) thread apply all backtrace

This indicates you had 3 network streams that Emacs was reading from.
Any idea which connections were those?

> #10 0x0108d41e in sys_close (fd=9) at w32.c:5918
> #11 0x011452a8 in emacs_close (fd=9) at sysdep.c:2082
> #12 0x01029ce4 in deactivate_process (proc=117868261) at process.c:3924
> #13 0x01022d92 in remove_process (proc=117868261) at process.c:735

Same as before: Emacs waits for some subprocess to shut down.

Next time, please type "xbacktrace" and show the Lisp backtrace it
produces.  (You will need the .gdbinit file from the source
repository, and you will need to type "source .gdbinit" before
invoking "xbacktrace".)

> I don't understand the 2 screen processes (I just see 1), but that must
> explain the 2 zsh processes...

I don't understand even the single screen.exe: what does that do?