Subject: Re: bug#12579: 24.1; Emacs 24.1 / 24.2 (daily) crashes

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 10:42:30 +0200

> From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:45:50 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > We are again in delete-process.

Btw, did you try to see if there's a Cygwin Bash process, which is a
sub-process of Emacs, at this point?

> Wouldn't it be wise to always include the right .gdbinit file in every
> compiled Emacs, even in release versions?  That way, "you" (in the broad
> sense) would always be sure users could give you the information you need to
> further debug problems...

Official releases are provided with stripped executables, so a
.gdbinit file there will not help.  Development snapshots (on the
http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/ page) and pretest binaries
(http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/), which are not
stripped of the debug info, already include .gdbinit to go with them.