Subject: bug#12570: 24.2.50; C-u does not work in read-passwd

From: "Andrew W. Nosenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 11:58:27 +0300

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>     Excuse me, but proposed "consistence" is not a consistence with other
>     password-reading programs but a consistence with teminals or teminal
>     emulators.
>
> I normally use terminals.

Then, for consistency with terminals, you need not C-u, but what the
"kill" control-character is set to (see KILL control character in
termios(4) and "kill" control character in stty(1)).  Yes, it set to
^U (C-u in Emacs notation) by default, but may be redefined by user at
the any time using stty(1), for example.

>
> Perhaps read-passwd should implement C-u on terminals
> and Shift-HOME DEL on a window system?

Oh, no, please!  I hate CUA and prefer Emacs way!

-- 
Andrew W. Nosenko <[email-masked]>