Subject: 24.1; GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual; Couple comma's lack, might cause fuss; Section 12.13, "Determining whether a Function is Safe to Call"; First paragraph; First Sentence.

From: [email-masked] (Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro)
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:38:16 -0300

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgement at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

In GNU Emacs Lisp Reference Manual, Section 12.13, entitled "Determining
whether a Function is Safe to Call", in the first paragraph and first
sentence one can read:

Some major modes such as SES call functions that are stored in user
files.

I took several seconds to realize the real sentence's meaning.  It could
be due to my poor english skills, because I'm not, actually, a native
english speaker; or my trend to read very fast when there isn't
punctuation; or even the several reading hours which I submitted
myself.  Though it's clear to me the sentence has only one possible
meaning by the context, I think if the expression "such as SES" _was_ surrounded by
commas the sentence would be fairly simple to understand and that change
won't cause any harm.  For instance:

Some major modes, such as SES, call functions that are stored in user
files.

Thanks in advance.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/share/emacs/24.1/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-08-26 on felix-laptop
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10903000
Configured using:
 `configure 'CFLAGS=-pipe -O3 -march=atom -mtune=atom -mmmx -msse -msse2
 -msse3 -mssse3 -mfpmath=sse''

-- 
 ,= ,-_-. =.  Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro (oitofelix)
((_/)o o(\_)) Uns o chamam de super-vaca...
 `-'(. .)`-'  Outros de hiper-touro...
     \_/      Eu o chamo simplesmente: meta-gnu!