Subject: 24.2.50; Hight face property ignored for fixed-semicondensed

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:27:16 -0400

Save the following to a file "foo.rfc822":

   Subject: Foo on you  -*- log-edit -*-
   
   Foo body!

then try: .../src/emacs -Q -l log-edit foo.rfc822
and then: .../src/emacs -Q --eval '(custom-set-faces (quote (default ((t (:width semicondensed :family "fixed"))))))' -l log-edit foo.rfc822

If you're like me, the first test displayed the empty line as a thin
black line (what is what we want), whereas the second test showed it as
a thick black line (not good).

Using only "fixed" or only semicondensed doesn't trigger the bug.
BTW, the black line obtained by adding a face "(:height 0.1
:inverse-video t)" to the LF that ends the empty line.  So in the
failure case, the :inverse-video is obeyed, but the :height is not.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2012-10-02 on pastel
Bzr revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure '--enable-maintainer-mode' 'CFLAGS=-Wall -Wno-pointer-sign
 -DUSE_LISP_UNION_TYPE -DSYNC_INPUT -DENABLE_CHECKING -DXASSERTS
 -DFONTSET_DEBUG -g -O1' '--with-tiff=no' '--with-x-toolkit=lucid''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Log-Edit

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p - b u f g <backspace> <backspace> g <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils log-edit easymenu easy-mmode ring pcvs-util
add-log time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)