Subject: bug#1255: 23.0.60; linum-mode: no update after text-scale-adjust

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 00:17:40 +0200

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 23:44:37 +0200 Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Adding this to the bug tracker; I still see it in GNU Emacs 23.0.60.12
> (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2008-10-25 on escher.  (I
> also still see the problem Juanma Barranquero pointed out.)

I forgot to give a reference for this; see
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/98414>.

> On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:38:07 +0200 Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:35:41 +0200 "Juanma Barranquero" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> Testing face-remap with linum-mode, a small limitation does show up:
>>> margin width is computed in character cells (according to the docs of
>>> `set-window-margins'), but obviously it does not take
>>> `face-remapping-alist' into account.
>>
>> This also reveals a linum bug: linum-mode fails to update the display
>> when the font size changes.  E.g., with linum-mode enabled type C-x C--
>> and then there is text at the bottom of the the window with no line
>> numbering in the margin (if the text in the buffer is long enough).
>>
>> Steve Berman