Subject: bug#1255: 23.0.60; linum-mode: no update after text-scale-adjust

From: "Juanma Barranquero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 23:18:34 +0100

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 20:22, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Oh, now I understand.  Then your problem is not a bug but a feature:
> text-scale-adjust is specifically meant to change the size of the text
> but nothing else.

Well, it changes the size of the buffer text *and* the margin text...

> If you want to change the size of the text and the
> rest, then you want to use something else (e.g. customize the `default'
> face).

That would not work for several buffers.

> So, yes, the problem lies somewhat in linum-mode which should resize the
> margin accordingly

For specific uses of linum, you can use `linum-format' and
`linum-before-numbering-hook' to set a face of right size, or any
other workaround.

But the issue will still be present for any package that puts
information into the window margin, so it is not linum-mode specific.

> tho it's far from easy for it to do so (and it can
> only do it in increments of the base default font size).

That's the real problem, IMO.

             Juanma