Subject: bug#1255: 23.0.60; linum-mode: no update after text-scale-adjust

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 23:44:37 +0200

Adding this to the bug tracker; I still see it in GNU Emacs 23.0.60.12
(i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9) of 2008-10-25 on escher.  (I
also still see the problem Juanma Barranquero pointed out.)

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 20:38:07 +0200 Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:35:41 +0200 "Juanma Barranquero" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Testing face-remap with linum-mode, a small limitation does show up:
>> margin width is computed in character cells (according to the docs of
>> `set-window-margins'), but obviously it does not take
>> `face-remapping-alist' into account.
>
> This also reveals a linum bug: linum-mode fails to update the display
> when the font size changes.  E.g., with linum-mode enabled type C-x C--
> and then there is text at the bottom of the the window with no line
> numbering in the margin (if the text in the buffer is long enough).
>
> Steve Berman