Subject: bug#12548: 24.2.50; Eager macro-expansion skipped due to cycle

From: Michael Olson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 18:39:05 -0700

I've been eyeballing patches that get sent to emacs-devel and Cc:'d to me
and signing off on them, but not doing much more than that.  We had a
maintainer volunteer a couple years ago, but haven't heard from him since.

I think it would be reasonable to modify sv.gnu.org/p/erc to point to the
Emacs package.  The only other users of that package would be users of
Emacs 21 or XEmacs.  Emacs 21 doesn't matter much anymore, and XEmacs
already has ERC in their source tree I believe, with their own patches.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>wrote:

> >> I suggest you send the patch to the ERC maintainers to see what they
> >> think of it.
> > I don't think there are any.
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/erc
> > has no commits in over 3 years.
>
> Hmm... I guess we should ask Michael Olson if he still considers himself
> maintainer, and if not, just install whichever patch we think is
> cleanest (and update the `erc' package on Savannah to redirect the
> curious to the Emacs package).
>
>
>         Stefan
>

-- 
Michael Olson  |  http://mwolson.org/