Subject: Re: bug#12548: 24.2.50; Eager macro-expansion skipped due to cycle

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 09:04:32 -0400

>> The best fix I can think of is to ban cl.el's dolist, but I have the
>> strange feeling this suggestion is not going to fly.
> You mean, drop cl.el's alias of dolist to cl-dolist?

Yes.

> Irrespective, it would be good to do that to remove the confusion of
> having two "dolist"s.

Yes.

> I guess it depends whether anyone was actually intentionally requiring
> cl to get the cl version of dolist...

There are definitely users of CL's dolist (i.e. uses of dolist where the
body uses `return').

> For the erc one, looks like just moving erc-log and erc-with-buffer from
> erc to erc-backend (or a new erc-macs) would solve it. erc requires
> erc-backend, so this could not cause any problems other than aesthetic
> ones.

I suggest you send the patch to the ERC maintainers to see what they
think of it.  It's not like it's an urgent problem to fix.

        Stefan