Subject: Re: bug#12544: -r110296..110297 causes random crashes in optimized build on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 13:45:17 +0200

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Sorry about that.  The looming feature freeze deadline and the flood
> of commits it triggered surely didn't facilitate careful testing of
> each changeset before committing.

No need to apologize. That's what testing is for.

> Also, this is a 32-bit Windows XP, while both you and Fabrice
> probably run a 64-bit Windows 7.

Yes.

> To be absolutely sure the crashes have nothing to do with the timers
> introduced in revision 110287, can you please try this:

Before reporting I tried reverting the timers change, but it still crashed.

> I made a few cleanup changes of the r110296 commit.  I don't expect
> them to fix the problems reported by Juanma, but please do try
> repeating your crash recipes after updating.

Well, I do not get any crash after revno:110320, at least after
recompilation. I'm going to bootstrap now and I'll report back.

    Juanma