Subject: 24.2.50; gnus: impossible to view mail offline

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 19:01:25 +0200

Hi,
I use gmail and I have a labelled box called "github:emacs-helm".
In gnus I can see it as "nnimap+gmail:github:emacs-helm".
When I tick a mail in this box to see it offline, it is not dowloaded
and so not visible when unplugged. (Yes nnimap+gmail is agentized)

If I rename my box "github-emacs-helm" the problem goes away and my mail
ticked is visible when unplugged.
(problably a regexp or split-string problem in some place)

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2012-09-27 on dell-14z
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-wide-int' '--without-gconf'
 '--without-gsettings''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <down> M-C <left> t m <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<right> P r C-g M-x f i n d - f i l e <return> C-g 
C-x C-r <left> t m P r C-g F <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-d 
<return> O k SPC t h a n k s , SPC I SPC w <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> s o SPC t h i s SPC i s SPC 
a SPC b u g SPC i n SPC * r e a d - f i l e - n a m 
e , SPC I SPC w i l l SPC f i x SPC A S A P . <return> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> C-SPC C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-d <down> C-SPC 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-d <down> <backspace> <down> C-c C-c 
y ! q <up> <up> <return> q <up> <return> q q y C-x 
C-s <f7> m <up> <return> q q y C-x C-f <left> o r <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-s 
e u r o C-g C-u C-x C-f <return> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <up> <return> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<tab> <down> <down> <down> M-x e u r o <return> C-< 
C-x C-² <f11> s c <f7> m <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<return> <return> q <up> <up> <up> <down> <return> 
<return> q C y <up> <up> <return> d d d d <down> <down> 
d d <down> <down> d d q <up> <return> d <down> <down> 
d d d d q q y C-x C-f C-g M-x t o <return> M-x <down> 
<down> <return>

Recent messages:
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n)  y
Saving Gnus registry (690 entries) to ~/.gnus.registry.eioio...
Saving Gnus registry (size 690) to ~/.gnus.registry.eioio...done
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...done
 [2 times]
Debug on Error enabled globally
 [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/emacs-config-laptop/.gnus hides ~/.emacs.d/.gnus
~/elisp/helm-extensions/helm-ls-git hides ~/elisp/helm/helm-ls-git
~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath hides ~/elisp/auctex/lpath
~/elisp/magit/.dir-locals hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals
~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(dabbrev url-http url-gw url-auth canlock helm-ring shadow emacsbug
help-mode nnagent tla smerge-mode dvc-state dvc-config dvc-cmenu
dvc-about dvc-version epa-mail gnus-gravatar gravatar smiley gnus-cite
qp mm-archive mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7
nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder parse-time netrc network-stream starttls tls
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp
gnus-cache gnus-registry registry eieio-base gnus-dired nnir
helm-command view recentf ido helm-misc tramp-cache tramp-sh helm-bmkext
sh-script smie executable vc-rcs conf-mode jka-compr vc-git xgit-dvc
xgit xgit-annotate dvc-annotate xgit-log dvc-revlist xhg-dvc bzr-core
xdarcs-core xgit-core xmtn-minimal naquadah-theme em-smart em-unix
em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let server winner
undo-tree diff slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf
slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector
slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl
image-file newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview
newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend xdvi-search preview-latex
pcomplete-extension em-term term disp-table ehelp electric helm-ipython
helm-elisp helm-eval python rx whitespace paren time avoid savehist
smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail helm-async markdown-mode
org-google-weather google-weather url-cache iterator googlecl
google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit rect zop-to-char
smallurl mm-url rectangle-utils tv-utils async pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info
pcvs-defs mb-depth ioccur cl-info slime hyperspec slime-autoloads
ledger-config ledger esh-arg esh-util tex-site auto-loads esh-toggle
flymake eldoc-eval eldoc no-word dired-extension emms-mpd-config
emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info
emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat dvc-init bzr-gnus
tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads magit-stgit magit-bisect magit-key-mode
magit log-edit pcvs-util add-log htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors
muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish
muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps wid-edit muse muse-nested-tags
muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func org-info
org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree addressbook-bookmark message rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
bookmark pp init-helm-thierry helm-mode helm-ls-git helm-descbinds
helm-delicious helm-ls-hg helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete format-spec dired-aux ffap thingatpt
helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptative
helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap helm-plugin helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep
helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-utils compile comint ansi-color ring
helm-mercurial xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log xhg-core dvc-diff
uniquify dvc-fileinfo dvc-unified dvc-tips diff-mode easy-mmode dvc-core
dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc
dvc-defs dvc-site dired-x cl-macs gv dired helm-locate helm warnings
advice help-fns advice-preload helm-config edmacro kmacro epa-file epa
derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache usage-memo
cl cl-lib info easymenu tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997