Subject: 24.2.50; `query-replace-interactive' not always respected

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:03:42 +0200

>From emacs -Q: M-< C-s t h i s M-%

Expected result: the query-replace command ask me for both the "from"
and the "to" strings.  (note that the variable
`query-replace-interactive' is nil).

Observed result: the command uses the last search string ("this") as
the "from" string and ask me only for the "to" string.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-09-23 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 110171 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo