Subject: Re: bug#12518: outline-minor-mode doesn't work well in C(++) mode

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:55:21 -0500

> That was 12 years ago, and it has gotten a little bit of attention at
> least in the time since.  Could you summarize some of the current issues
> with `outline-minor-mode'?

I stopped trying to use Outline minor mode in C and can't remember what
were the main annoyances.  Obviously my bug report was ...hmmm... really
poor, so it's not worth keeping.

IIRC I think one of the main things I wanted was to be able to fold "a
function" so we'd keep a single line for that function, whereas
currently a function like:

    static void
    myfun (blabla
           blabla)
    {
      bla blabla;
    }

is treated as 3 independent "headings".

        Stefan