Subject: bug#12502: 24.2.50; Debugger messes up current-buffer

From: Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:36:19 +0200

On Mon, Sep 24 2012, martin rudalics wrote:

>> The debugger now changes the current buffer in the following situation:
> [...]
>> This is a regression to older versions.
>
> Thanks for the report.  Would the attached patch fix it?

Yes, that seems to fix the problem.  But the save-exursion in line 218
looks now supsisously irrelevant.

> BTW, I notice that you quite often run functions with a current buffer
> different from that of the selected window.  In all these cases
> `quit-window' might misbehave for you because it does not restore the
> buffer that was current at the time the window's buffer was displayed.
> So if you see any problems in this context, please tell me.  We then
> could try to restore the current buffer (optionally at least) too.

I'l look for problems, but I'm not sure what the correct/incorrect
behaviour regarding window management should be.  The old
save-window-excursion worked pretty well for me.

Helmut