Subject: 24.1; thread apply all bt in GUD-mi doesn't work

From: "Wilfried Gösgens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 12:41:00 +0200

run an application that starts pthreads (like i.e. citadels citserver or
webcit)
start it in GUD, it will spawn threads.
hold the process using C-cC-c
type 
thread apply all bt

you should get a stacktrace for each thread; you only get some binary
chars. 

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-09-05 on potzblitz, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1/
site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/us
r/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  pc-selection-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x k <return> C-x C-f s r c / c i <tab> / w e <tab> 
/ i c <tab> a <tab> s u <tab> c <return> <C-f9> <return> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> 
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <C-f7> <return> 
C-x C-f <C-S-left> <backspace> l i b c <tab> / l i 
b / s t r <tab> c <return> C-s s p l i c e ( <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <up> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> 
<C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-S-left> 
<C-S-left> <C-S-left> <S-left> <S-left> <C-insert> 
C-s C-s C-s C-s <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> C-x k <return> <C-down-mouse-1> 
M-x r e p o <tab> r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Package pc-select is obsolete!
Package pc-mode is obsolete!
Making completion list...
Loading vc-git...done
(No files need saving)
Compilation finished
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/psvn hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psvn
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
~/.emacs.d/goto-addr hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/goto-addr
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/hmac-def

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils multi-isearch gdb-mi bindat json gud shell
pcomplete compile comint ansi-color vc-git help-mode view pc-mode delsel
pc-select server oddmuse simple-wiki track-scroll psvn log-edit ring
pcvs-util add-log diff-mode easy-mmode pp elp ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util dired
column-marker vcard-mode php-mode derived cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe assoc color-theme easymenu edmacro
kmacro wid-edit cl goto-addr thingatpt debian-el debian-el-loaddefs
dpkg-dev-el dpkg-dev-el-loaddefs time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)
=  

-- 
 o__
 _> / _
(_) \(_)...