Subject: bug#12493: closed (Re: bug#12493: 24.1; thread apply all bt in GUD-mi doesn't work)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 20:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12493: 24.1; thread apply all bt in GUD-mi doesn't work

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12493: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12493
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12493: 24.1; thread apply all bt in GUD-mi doesn't work
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Wilfried Gösgens <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 21:10:36 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Wilfried Gösgens" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> run an application that starts pthreads (like i.e. citadels citserver or
>> webcit)
>> start it in GUD, it will spawn threads.
>> hold the process using C-cC-c
>> type 
>> thread apply all bt
>>
>> you should get a stacktrace for each thread; you only get some binary
>> chars. 
>
> (This was reported 7 years ago, but unfortunately never got a reply at
> the time.)
>
> Are you still seeing the issue in a recent version of Emacs?
>
> Does the above work when you run gdb outside of Emacs?

More information was requested, but none was given within 6 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

Subject: 24.1; thread apply all bt in GUD-mi doesn't work
From: "Wilfried Gösgens" <[email-masked]>
To: bug-gnu-emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 12:41:00 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

run an application that starts pthreads (like i.e. citadels citserver or
webcit)
start it in GUD, it will spawn threads.
hold the process using C-cC-c
type 
thread apply all bt

you should get a stacktrace for each thread; you only get some binary
chars. 

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-09-05 on potzblitz, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11203000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1/
site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/us
r/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: C/l

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  pc-selection-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x k <return> C-x C-f s r c / c i <tab> / w e <tab> 
/ i c <tab> a <tab> s u <tab> c <return> <C-f9> <return> 
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> 
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> 
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> 
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <C-f7> <return> 
C-x C-f <C-S-left> <backspace> l i b c <tab> / l i 
b / s t r <tab> c <return> C-s s p l i c e ( <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <up> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> 
<C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-S-left> 
<C-S-left> <C-S-left> <S-left> <S-left> <C-insert> 
C-s C-s C-s C-s <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> C-x k <return> <C-down-mouse-1> 
M-x r e p o <tab> r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Package pc-select is obsolete!
Package pc-mode is obsolete!
Making completion list...
Loading vc-git...done
(No files need saving)
Compilation finished
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/psvn hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/psvn
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
~/.emacs.d/goto-addr hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/goto-addr
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/net/hmac-def

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils multi-isearch gdb-mi bindat json gud shell
pcomplete compile comint ansi-color vc-git help-mode view pc-mode delsel
pc-select server oddmuse simple-wiki track-scroll psvn log-edit ring
pcvs-util add-log diff-mode easy-mmode pp elp ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util dired
column-marker vcard-mode php-mode derived cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe assoc color-theme easymenu edmacro
kmacro wid-edit cl goto-addr thingatpt debian-el debian-el-loaddefs
dpkg-dev-el dpkg-dev-el-loaddefs time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)
=  

-- 
 o__
 _> / _
(_) \(_)...