Subject: bug#12492: Acknowledgement (24.2.50; Open vc-dir buffer easier and faster)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 12:19:21 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 28.06.2019 22:17, Juri Linkov wrote:
>> So we could have a new command anyway (with a different name than
>> the already added function vc-root-dir that returns the root directory),
>> even if unbound, so users can decide wherever they prefer to bind it.
>
> Yup, that would be fine by me.

I don't see any reason not to bind this new command to a key: It seems
like a genuinely useful command that most people (if they knows it
exists) will want to use.  I can well imagine more people wanting that
command than they want the `C-x v d' one.

But I also think that many people will want both, so the solution seems
to me to just bind this new command to a new keystroke, and leave the
rest alone.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no