Subject: bug#12490: 24.2; Search inside Minibuffer don't work with M-x (M-x C-s)

From: Jakub Jankiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 22:42:29 +0200

Hi,

I want to report, that most used function stop working in Emacs 24
(tested 2 versions 24.1.1 and latest 24.2.1). I use Search in
Mini buffer a lot (don't know if people use it or not). If you call
search C-s when inside minibuffer like C-h f C-s you can search the
content of Minibuffer like search for functions or for buffer name to
switch like C-x b C-s (better then ido mode). And in Emacs 24 M-x C-s
stop working so I you can't search for interactive function to execute
anymore. It was working in 23.3 provided by Ubuntu (package
23.3+1-1ubuntu4).

Exact symptoms:
$ emacs -Q
M-x C-s
Typing any character show "Failing I-search"

I used 24.1.1 but just compile latest GNU Emacs 24.2.1
(i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.6) and got the same result.

Jakub

--
Jakub Jankiewicz, Web Developer
http://jcubic.pl