Subject: Re: bug#12488: 24.2.50; vc-delete-file and vc-rename-file should default to the current buffer's file

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 01:26:39 +0400

Hi Chong,

On 30.11.2012 8:31, Chong Yidong wrote:
> Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> +Default to the current buffer's file name if it's under version control."
>
>> +OLD defaults to the current buffer's file name if it's under version
>>   control."
>
> These seem to imply that the current buffer's name is always used if
> it's under version control, rather than simply being the default for
> reading the file name.  It should instead say something like "If called
> interactively, read FILE, defaulting to ..."
>
> Otherwise the patch looks OK for the trunk.  Thanks.

Do you think I can add commands like `vc-rename-this-file' and 
`vc-delete-this-file' instead? And then replace `vc-rename-file' in VC 
menu with the first one and add the second one below it?

Because `vc-rename-file' is likely the only command in that menu that 
acts on a single file, but does't automatically use the one the current 
buffer visits.