Subject: bug#12486: closed (Re: bug#12486: 24.2.50; local var byte-compile-warnings no more working as expected)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 16:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#12486: 24.2.50; local var byte-compile-warnings no more working as expected

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
12486: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12486
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#12486: 24.2.50; local var byte-compile-warnings no more working as expected
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 12:00:18 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>> In helm-ff-zgrep-1:
>> helm-grep.el:714:58:Warning: `labels' is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use
>> `cl-labels' instead.
> Cf http://debbugs.gnu.org/12371.
> macroexpansion still does not respect byte-compile-warnings.

Should be fixed now,

        Stefan

Subject: 24.2.50; local var byte-compile-warnings no more working as expected
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:11:39 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
setting in my files:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; Local Variables:
;; byte-compile-warnings: (not cl-functions obsolete)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

is no more working as expected, warnings are now sent when compiling:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[...]
In helm-ff-zgrep-1:
helm-grep.el:714:58:Warning: `labels' is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use
    `cl-labels' instead.
[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Please fix it.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2012-09-21 on dell-14z
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-wide-int' '--without-gconf'
 '--without-gsettings''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h e M-< <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> <M-down> 
<M-down> <M-down> <M-down> C-x C-b <return> M-x <r
eturn>

Recent messages:
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type bash
Restoring buffers...96%
Parsing archive file...done.
Restoring buffers...done
Mark set

Loading /home/thierry/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/emacs-config-laptop/.gnus hides ~/.emacs.d/.gnus
~/elisp/helm-extensions/helm-ls-git hides ~/elisp/helm/helm-ls-git
~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath hides ~/elisp/auctex/lpath
~/elisp/magit/.dir-locals hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals
~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow gnus-dired nnir mail-extr gnus-msg emacsbug helm-command
tramp-cache tramp-sh recentf helm-misc ido tar-mode arc-mode
archive-mode conf-mode vc-rcs sh-script smie executable jka-compr vc-git
xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate dvc-annotate xgit-log dvc-revlist xhg-dvc
bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xmtn-minimal naquadah-theme em-smart
em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs
em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt
esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let server
winner undo-tree diff slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp
slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl image-file newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget
newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend xdvi-search
preview-latex pcomplete-extension em-term term disp-table ehelp electric
helm-ipython helm-elisp helm-eval python rx whitespace paren time avoid
savehist smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail helm-async markdown-mode
org-google-weather google-weather url-cache iterator googlecl
google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit rect zop-to-char
smallurl mm-url rectangle-utils tv-utils async pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info
pcvs-defs mb-depth ioccur cl-info slime hyperspec slime-autoloads
ledger-config ledger esh-arg esh-util tex-site auto-loads esh-toggle
flymake eldoc-eval eldoc no-word dired-extension emms-mpd-config
emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n
emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode
emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info
emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat dvc-init bzr-gnus
tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads magit-stgit magit-bisect magit-key-mode
magit log-edit pcvs-util add-log htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors
muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish
muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps wid-edit muse muse-nested-tags
muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func org-info
org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree addressbook-bookmark message rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
bookmark pp init-helm-thierry helm-mode helm-ls-git helm-descbinds
helm-delicious helm-ls-hg helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete format-spec dired-aux ffap thingatpt
helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptative
helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap helm-plugin helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep
helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-utils compile comint ansi-color ring
helm-mercurial xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log xhg-core dvc-diff
uniquify dvc-fileinfo dvc-unified dvc-tips diff-mode easy-mmode dvc-core
dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc
dvc-defs dvc-site dired-x cl-macs gv dired helm-locate helm warnings
advice help-fns advice-preload helm-config edmacro kmacro epa-file epa
derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache usage-memo
cl cl-lib info easymenu tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997