Subject: 24.2; Running top in eshell shows error

From: Rajanikanth Jammalamadaka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 21:13:00 -0400

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org. Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address. After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgement at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug. If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

Running the top command in an eshell shows the following error:

'eterm': unknown terminal type

Running the top command in a shell works OK.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
`bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
of 2012-09-17 on Vishwam
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
Configured using:
`configure '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3''

Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: nil
value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
value of $LC_TIME: nil
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: EShell

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h f C-g C-h v m a i l - h o s <tab> <return> C-x
o C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f
C-f C-f C-f C-f <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> r a j a n i
k a n t h @ g m a i l . c o m <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-x 0 C-x RET e s h e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
M-x e s h e l l <return> t o p <return> C-p <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1>
<triple-down-mouse-1> <triple-mouse-1> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <edit> <copy> M-x r e p o C-x b * C-g M-x
s h e l l <return> C-x b <return> M-x r e p o r t -
e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading em-glob...done
Loading em-hist...done
Loading em-ls...done
Loading em-prompt...done
Loading em-script...done
Loading em-term...done
Loading em-unix...done
term-send-raw-string: Current buffer has no process [6 times]
Quit
term-send-raw-string: Current buffer has no process [6 times]
term-send-raw-string: Current buffer has no process

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils em-unix pcomplete comint regexp-opt ansi-color
em-term term disp-table ehelp electric em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist
em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias ring
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode esh-util cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
help-mode easymenu view help-fns time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Rajanikanth