Subject: bug#12479: 24.2.50; on mac os x, resizing frame from bottom right corner causes whole frame to jump around

From: Michael McCracken <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:38:56 -0700

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Michael McCracken <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 09:50:57 -0700
>>
>> start emacs, then resize the initial frame using the bottom right corner
>> drag area.
>>
>> The whole frame moves around in a jerky jumping fashion when I resize
>> it using the
>> bottom-right corner of the window.
>>
>> The other corners work as expected, but if I drag the bottom-right
>> corner down, the whole frame moves down as well. Similarly if I drag
>> it up, it will both make the frame smaller *and* move the whole frame
>> up, making it possible to end up with a frame whose title bar is off
>> screen.
>
> This is a duplicate of 12466, discussed just today.

In that discussion, Jan asked me to file this as a separate bug.
The crash that 12466 is about appears to be gone in the current trunk,
but this behavior is actually new for me since switching to trunk from
24.2 release.

-mike