Subject: Re: bug#12450: Remove configure's --without-sync-input option.

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 03:56:20 -0700

On 9/16/12 3:44 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> There might be a few lurking bugs, however: one thing that stands
>> out is that w32term.c, unlike xterm.c, sets interrupt_input_pending,
>> but doesn't set pending_signals.
> 
> Please tell the details about this.
> 

I'm still not sure what practical effect this omission would have ---
on quit, we set Vquit_flag to Qt from the input thread. When Lisp code
is running, QUIT picks up the non-nilness of Vquit_flag and quits. The
ELSE_PENDING_SIGNALS branch doesn't apply, so we're able to
successfully quit.

While testing, I ran into a different bug. I'm able to reproduce it on
the regular w32 build too. Can someone try reproing it with 1) M-:
(while t) RET, 2) click the menu bar [menu won't appear], 3) C-g, 4)
typing something? Emacs doesn't seem to respond to typed input.
Clicking in the Emacs window unblocks everything.