Subject: bug#12443: 24.2.50; Default values in the minibuffer prompt (fix inconsisntecy)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 19:46:38 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> OK, the first sweep has now landed on master (I basically grepped for
> " (default %" and then did the changes. 

The next step here is probably to fix the cases where there's a default,
but where the prompt doesn't mention them.  Like:

(defun last-chance (symbol)
[...]
                             (completing-read
                              "Symbol: " obarray
                              nil nil
                              one nil one)))))

`one' is the default here.  Has anybody written an Emacs-Lisp-aware
grep?  That can list all hits of completing-read where the seventh
parameter isn't nil?  It doesn't sound that difficult to do, but I
thought I'd ask before I start typing...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no