Subject: bug#12443: 24.2.50; Default values in the minibuffer prompt (fix inconsisntecy)

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:53:51 +0200

Severity: minor

Hello,

I see that some commands that use the minibuffer such as "C-x b"
(switch-to-buffer) present the default value in the minibuffer prompt,
as "(default <value>)", while other commands such as "C-x r m"
(bookmark-set) omit the "default " part, i.e, they show the default
value just as "(value)".

I see no reason for this inconsistency, neither I see the need for the
"default " part.

So, hereby I propose to fix this, i.e., to omit the "default " in
those commands where this is currently shown.

TIA.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-09-13 on DANI-PC
Bzr revision: 110018 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/include -I../../libs/libxpm-3.5.8/src
 -I../../libs/libpng-1.4.10 -I../../libs/zlib-1.2.6
 -I../../libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include -I../../libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -I../../libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -I../../libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -I../../libs/gnutls-3.0.16/include
 -I../../libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ESN
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo